1. Let the artist design your tattoo.
Try not to bother the artist before the appt. It’s confusing and takes more time than needed.
2. There's a process to tattooing. Respect it and they will try harder to give you a better tattoo. Follow them on social media. Like, comment and share their work on the days leading up to the tattoo.
3. Tipping IS important. You ARE spending a lot of money. That pays for the tattoo. It does not compensate the artist for the hrs. they spent designing your piece. Tattooing is a service industry. Typically, 50% of the cost goes to the shop, but the shop didn't spend hrs. working on your piece, the artist did. Waitresses bring you drinks and food min. at a time and their standard is 20% so should your artist’s.
4. Give your artist a review! Tell your friends, family, and coworkers that are wanting a tattoo.
5. Grab cards from your artists and hand them out. If shop has merchandise, show your support by purchasing some. You're not always going to be in an area where people can see your work but they'll see your shirt!
6. Don't be a deal client. Artists and shops put out deals when slow to drum up business. If you're the client that is only coming in for deals. Your artist will remember but share with your friends and family about the deal. Maybe the price is what's keeping them from getting a tattoo. Don't haggle on prices. Artists are not out to get you. The price they give you is what it'll take to create the tattoo.